Ultraviolet light is a safe and effective way to disinfect your drinking water without adding any taste or odor. At Aqua Solutions, our residential customers can take advantage of this innovative water purification system.
What is Ultraviolet Light?
Ultraviolet (UV) light from the sun has long been known for its ability to deactivate microorganisms.
It is important to keep in mind to NEVER LOOK DIRECTLY AT A UV LAMP. Ultraviolet light can be extremely harmful to the eyes. Ultraviolet energy is produced by low-pressure mercury vapor that is enclosed in a tubular lamp, resembling a UV lamp resembles a standard fluorescent lamp.
How Does Ultraviolet Light Work?
A UV water purifier works by exposes living organisms such as viruses or bacteria to a germicidal UV wavelength. The energy produced by the UV lamp destroys microorganisms that can live in water. The five major groups of microorganisms the UV light can eliminate include:
When exposed to the right amount of ultraviolet energy, the DNA structure of these microorganisms is destroyed, rendering them unable to reproduce and spread throughout the water supply.
Advantages of Ultraviolet Light
Ultraviolet light water purifiers offer a variety of advantages to customers, including:
- Disinfect without chemicals. UV light will not leave behind any by-products as chemical disinfectants do.
- No tastes or odors. Because UV purification does not chemically change the water, it does not alter the taste or odor of the water.
- Low Maintenance. UV lamp changes only need to occur every year, making maintenance fairly easy.
- Conserve water. With UV treatment, you do not have to drain any water, so there is no water wasted.
- Continued protection, even in natural disasters. Even when your city’s water is compromised, you can count on UV treatment to keep the drinking water safe.
For low maintenance, safe water purification systems, look no further than UV light water treatment.
Installation and Free Water Testing Services in Butler
At Aqua Solutions, our experienced, professional water treatment experts can install your Ultraviolet light water purification system to provide you with safe, clean drinking water. We also offer free water testing to help determine if your water is safe for consumption. Contact us today to learn more about how we can make your drinking water safe!